Share
Go down
Admin
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-03
Location : Dasmarinas, Cavite
View user profilehttp://mauigarcia.forumotion.asia

Re: Eight Elements of Film

on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:22 am
Angelaroa wrote:What comes in your mind when you hear the word film?

When i hear the word film, the only things come to my mind is art.
Admin
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-03
Location : Dasmarinas, Cavite
View user profilehttp://mauigarcia.forumotion.asia

Re: Eight Elements of Film

on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:33 am
Reniel.Lacanilao wrote:What are the most important element/s that used always in making a great film?
Actually all of these elements are important to a film. Especially when you're making a great film.
Admin
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-03
Location : Dasmarinas, Cavite
View user profilehttp://mauigarcia.forumotion.asia

Re: Eight Elements of Film

on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:34 am
Angelaroa wrote:What is the importance of plot?
Without it, there is no conflict which compels characters to strive for their goal, and therefore no story.
Admin
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-03
Location : Dasmarinas, Cavite
View user profilehttp://mauigarcia.forumotion.asia

Re: Eight Elements of Film

on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:38 am
alfaro_ericaaa wrote:What can you say about open-ended films?
For me, open-ended films are one of the best, because it let you decide what is the ending of the film. By the use of our imaginations, we can make an end of the story.
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-09-14
View user profile

Re: Eight Elements of Film

on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:14 pm
Ellaelaeh wrote:What makes a Film great?
If all those elements in therre are great!
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-09-14
View user profile

Re: Eight Elements of Film

on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:16 pm
Maui Garcia wrote:
Angelaroa wrote:What comes in your mind when you hear the word film?

When i hear the word film, the only things come to my mind is art.

nice! for me it is 'Life' .
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-09-14
View user profile

Re: Eight Elements of Film

on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:20 pm
Gilbert_Rodil_11 wrote:What will happen if one element is missing?

AdrianDiegoPrado wrote:In your own opinion, who is the greatest film writer?

No specific but all the great book writer!
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-09-14
View user profile

Re: Eight Elements of Film

on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:22 pm
Sjareola wrote:Have you seen any film that lacks one element of film? If yes, what is the movie title? If no, how would you imagine the outcome of this film?

i saw none. and if ever it is not a movie.
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-09-14
View user profile

Re: Eight Elements of Film

on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:24 pm
Dale De Vera wrote:What do you think is necessary to make a good plot for a film?

it was understandable.
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-09-14
View user profile

Re: Eight Elements of Film

on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:25 pm
Ellaelaeh wrote:What elements make a film so enjoyable that many people enjoy watching it more than once?

the plot i think
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-09-14
View user profile

Re: Eight Elements of Film

on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:27 pm
knowelljan.partoza29 wrote:Are these elements applicable on all genres of films?

yes absolutely.
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-09-14
View user profile

Re: Eight Elements of Film

on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:31 pm
knowelljan.partoza29 wrote:Is photography belongs to these elements?

no.
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-09-14
View user profile

Re: Eight Elements of Film

on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:32 pm
Gilbert_Rodil_11 wrote:What will happen if one element is missing?

it will not be called as film?
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-09-14
View user profile

Re: Eight Elements of Film

on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:35 pm
Dale De Vera wrote:Why do you think scenes is the building block of the screenplay?

because scenes are the element that shows the other element.
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-09-15
View user profile

Re: Eight Elements of Film

on Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:49 am
What is the title of your favorite film and why?
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-09-15
View user profile

Re: Eight Elements of Film

on Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:51 am
Ellaelaeh wrote:What makes a Film great?

For me, if a Film has a very excellent cinematography and shots, it makes a film great because I am really fond of photography and videography. Also, if the actors and actresses are intelligent actors, it adds up to the value of the film's esthetics.
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-09-15
View user profile

Re: Eight Elements of Film

on Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:54 am
AdrianDiegoPrado wrote:Is it true that films are hints of real stories behind current issues?

Not all films are hints of real stories behind current issues because there is genre of film which is a fantasy, meaning that it is always based on the writer's imaginative thinking.
Guru
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-09-15
View user profile

Re: Eight Elements of Film

on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:00 pm
Gilbert_Rodil_11 wrote:What is the difference between the structure and the plot?

The words plot and structure are often used interchangeably by writers and screenwriting teachers alike. But the truth is, there’s a profound difference between plot and structure, and confusing the two can be devastating for your writing.

No matter how brilliantly it may be executed, plot, on it’s own, is almost always boring. If you want to prove it to yourself, just go to imdb.com, read the synopsis of your favorite movie, and notice how incredibly boring it all sounds when boiled down to plot alone. It’s not the plot, but the structure, that makes these movies so compelling.

So what’s the difference between plot and structure? And how can you make your writing more compelling by shifting your focus from one to the other? Find out in this new video. Or read the transcription below.

It’s important to understand that events in themselves are not structural. The crap that happens to your characters is not structure. The events in themselves don’t matter. They are not exciting. The only thing that’s exciting is the choices the character makes in relation to those events.

One of my favorite recent fight sequences is from a really silly movie called The World’s End by Simon Pegg & Edgar Wright. It’s about a guy, and the only thing he wants to do is to have a drink at 10 bars with his old friends.

There’s a fabulous fight sequence, and the thing that makes it great that the only thing he’s trying to do during this crazy fight sequence is finish the pint.

And this whole fight sequences is going on, but the fight sequence is just the event that’s happening. Just the plot.

The choice he’s making is to keep trying to drink the beer, as opposed to actually engaging in the fight or trying to escape. Because the thing that he wants… the holdfast ego… the thing that he wants more than anything is this:

He started this 10 bar run with his friends, and he’s going to finish it if it costs him his life.

It’s not the event of the fight, who hit who, that makes the scene good. That’s kind of boring no matter how you write it. It’s the choice the character makes in relation to the event that makes it exciting. Because it’s those choices that allow us to change.

So if structure is built around change, it’s not the events that are our structure. It’s the choices we make in relation to those events.

(J. Krueger, 2018)
Sponsored content

Re: Eight Elements of Film

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum